08 November 2008

Starbucks free coffee - just vote




Nice video ad from Starbucks. Elections are a good moment to make a company remarked and Starbucks put the coffee on the tables to get on the front news. Free coffee !!! Yam Yam ! As all the most of people appreciated the intentions of Starbucks to get people out of their homes for voting, the purpose of the elections have fade out somehow for many. I was looking at what were people searching these days and here is what I've discovered: an incredible breakout search quantity for Free Starbucks coffee. These searching was hand by hand with election results.
Now, what are all these people when they are looking at the Starbucks ad?! The free coffee or an encouragement to go to vote?! I'm sure that most of the people interprets each ad as he or she is interested. Some people thinks when is the best moment when to go to Starbucks... before or after voting...Or 'who will know that I didn't vote?'. And a better idea: 'I take one of that creamy hazelnut coffee when I leave and one when I come back. Oh, wait! I'll search the internet to see what other free stuff I can get; maybe there is beer too'.
This idea of giving free coffee to people reminds me of that Seinfeld episode when Kramer won free coffee for life. And that is how I see people who were voting for a coffee.
The ad unfortunately for them, was breaking some laws, although it had good intentions.
Also, Starbucks sent an e-mail to Starbucks card owners saying:

What if we all cared enough to vote?








blog comments powered by Disqus