01 October 2008

Paul Newman - just one way

Paul Newman


No matter what we do in our lives, there is nothing to keep us alive. Paul Newman died on 26th of September 2008 (a day which I will remember it in the future just like the day when Curt Cobain died) and will not come back. He was 'Cool hand Luke' and still was defeated by death. He did eat 50 eggs in vain and he fought against his destiny just to live his last seconds of life not kneeling. He will be forgotten by future generations, his movies will be just archeological pieces of cinematography and his personal life or his life will be completely forgotten. After his death, he was compared by people with the character 'Luke' from 'Cool hand Luke'. For many of us, Paul is 'Cool hand Luke', because that character gave us hope and we don't want to let it die. Paul Newman lived his life not for fame (although he had enough), but for himself. What to say about him ?! He is history now; he was history even when he was alive, a legend among our daily habits. What describes he the best might be the quote below from 'Cool hand Luke', because that movie was something that makes you say "I done that and I won my eternity, that was my way to eternity":

Dragline: Get in here. Ain't ya scared? Ain't ya scared of dyin'?
Luke: Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.
Source:IMDB

So long Paul Newman, the world will miss you !



blog comments powered by Disqus